Jim chats with friends Don and Anne Marie Corbett about their experience (and success!) with off market deals. What works for them and how they are adjusting their business focuses with the current times. This couple is truly a power couple with an honest and welcoming approach to their business dealings.
- The importance of your network – checking in with your inner circle
- “You don’t know what you don’t know. To be successful, you have to understand that you don’t know everything.” Don Corbett
- The value of masterminds and finding the ones that work for you
- The books they've read and recommend
- How Don and Anne Marie work together successfully: Recognize one another’s strength and use those strengths to your advantage
- How they prepare to meet a seller: they do their homework and go thoroughly prepared to meet their potential sellers
- Why it’s so important to listen to the seller. “You listen, not to respond, but to understand their situation” Ann Marie
- Why they sometimes let a good deal go
- Why they feel podcasts are an important learning tool
- What you can do right now: This is a great time to go through your list of contacts for the deals that didn’t go through
- Sometimes you just get lucky: How their first deal happened
- Their advice to keep you motivated to keep on pushing forward…. even during these uncertain and stressful times.
- Their book was written from personal experience: “Home To Home: The Step By Step Senior Housing Guide” helps you navigate the hard decisions that one might face with senior parents. What can you do to help them continue living in their current home? Also, the book discusses out how to transition from home to asst liv or nursing home..
- Don and Anne Marie’s words of encouragement to help us get through this pandemic: Stay strong, keep a level head; don’t let fear take over
Reach out to Anne Marie and Don at Amc11237673@gmail.com
Follow on Jim on: